Care of Your T-Shirts
Although we use the latest direct-to-garment (DTG) printing technology and high quality shirts in order to bring you the best and most durable tees, you have to follow some simple laundry rules in order to make your t-shirts last as long as possibile.
With DTG printing, a printer directly applies the ink onto the t-shirt with inkjet technology. It’s sort of like printing on paper, except on a t-shirt. A special printer prints the ink directly onto the garment in the desired design. DTG uses specialty water-based inks, which are absorbed by the fibers of the garment.
Keep in mind that the original manufacturer’s care instructions don’t take into consideration the DTG printing process.
Also, be wary of washing and drying on a high setting, especially when the garment is 100% cotton. High-temperature washes can fade and crack the print, and a high-temperature dryer settings can shrink the garment, as well as damage the print.
In order for you to prolong the life of your t-shirt, we suggest following the care instructions below:
- Machine wash cold.
- Turn your t-shirts inside-out before putting them in the shower.
- Gentle cycle with mild detergent and similar colors.
- Do not bleach.
- Do not use fabric softeners.
- Tumble dry low, or hang-dry for longest life.
- Whenever possible avoid ironing your t-shirts. If you do, turn the t-shirt inside-out, use a low setting on your iron and do not iron decoration.
- Do not dry clean.